This has to be by far the simplest recipe on the planet, but I actually do not like the taste of water and something needed to be done. Now before you say water doesn’t taste like anything, that’s precisely why I don’t enjoy it. I drink it because I have to. On the other hand, I can go through cartons of coconut water in one day if you let me. But those calories add up. Cue in the solution to my issue here – Cucumber lemon water. It’s water with spa appeal. And who doesn’t want to feel like they’re treating themselves to a refreshing drink for the body and soul? Every sip says “I love you” to your digestion and overall health.
Cucumber lemon water is not only tasty but it’s great for detoxing. I’m not even kidding. You will “go” often.
Cucumber lemon water
Here are the benefits of drinking cucumber lemon water:
- Cucumbers are low in calories and high in fiber. They’re rich in potassium and magnesium (which is great for muscles) and a great source for Vit B. They’re an antioxodant and perfect for anyone seeking a more anti-inflammatory diet. And they just taste good!
- Lemons help to keep the skin glowing, aids in digestions (it’s always great to drink lemon water first thing in the morning), and is filled with Vit C.
- Consistent consumption helps in weight loss. You see, when the body gets what it needs and it’s functioning properly (your gut is your second brain), it doesn’t seek out junk food as much. It’s satisfied.
To make 3 quarts of cucumber lemon water, you will the need the following:
- One large organic cucumber
- One large organic lemon
What you need to do:
- Wash your lemon and cucumber well.
- Slice your lemon and cucumber thinly.
- Add your slices to your pitcher or jug.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours and serve!