I like to see myself as a pretty confident person. But let’s be honest, no one is 100% all the time. There are days I feel meh and fall into the rabbit hole of more meh. I have doubts, I overthink and question my every move. During these (which can last hours or days), I need to take a step back and try a different approach to help shift my thoughts.
Tips for feeling more confident
Whenever you’re in a confidence rut, try these tips:
- Groom. Let me tell you, when I’m in my meh rabbit hole, the last thing I want do is tackle this hair and get dressed the day. But really, there’s nothing more invigorating than a relaxing bath or shower. Wash off all the low self-esteem and start fresh.
- Smile. I kid you not. Just smile. This is actually a tip from Kimora Lee’s book Fabulosity. Trick your brain into thinking you’re happy. Let the brain do its job. I’m telling you, it works. It will give your confidence a boost.
- Sweat. If you have internet access, you have no excuse. Put on some Youtube workout videos play some music, run in place. Do whatever you need to do to work up a sweat and get those endorphins going.
- Unplug. If you’re on social media all day, it could be contributing to your feelings. There are tons of articles out there that link social media use to low self-esteem, lack of focus and depression. Unplug and party like it’s 1999, literally.
- Dress. Keep it simple, comfortable and totally you (a little mascara and a gloss won’t hurt either). I racked up on dresses from Tobi a few months ago and am happy to have them on hand, especially on those days that I need a little help in the confidence department.
A simple action can turn your negative Nancy thoughts into Postive (Polly?). We all go through it, but it’s up to us to turn it around.